Buddy Program for Students
The summer semester will to a large extent also take place digitally. As a consequence, there are numerous students who have neither experienced the university in presence nor other fellow students. We, the Faculty of Economics, do not want to leave anyone alone in this special study situation. In order to intensify the contact to the faculty and to other students and to provide the best possible start into your studies, we would like to offer a buddy program for the second time for students in their first Bachelor semester. For this purpose, we are looking for dedicated students (from the 2nd semester on) who will digitally supervise 1-2 groups of about 25 students in teams of two over the entire summer semester.
Advantages for you:
- Credit as Studium Generale (if you take over 2 groups)
- Certificate of participation in the Buddy Program
- Proof of voluntary work at the Faculty of Business and Economics
- Testing of didactic methods
- Application of soft skill abilities
- Getting to know new fellow students
What do we expect:
- Participation in the preparatory course: 09.04.2021 from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
- Participation in the welcome event on 08.04.2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Weekly videoconference with the student groups (each group fortnightly) with predefined content (approx. 2 hours).
- Regular videoconference with student groups (each group 14-days) with predetermined content (approximately 2 hours).
- Tentative schedule group assignments:
- Group 1: Tuesday 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Group 2: Tuesday 12.00 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Group 3: Wednesday 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
- Group 4: Wednesday 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
- Group 5: Wednesday 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Group 6: Wednesday 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Group 7: Thursday 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Group 8: Thursday 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Group 9: Thursday 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Attend preparatory meeting for each videoconference (biweekly; Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Accessibility by mail and element for students.
If we have piqued your interest, please send us a brief email with your current Transcript of Records by 3/15/2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then invite you to a get-to-know-you session between 03/22/2021 and 03/25/2021 (starting at 9:00 am or 11:30 am). The selection of buddies will happen by 03/26/2021.
Please also mention which group dates you could take over (gladly with corresponding preference).
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Teufel at email@example.com or 0234-32-22687.